 Off-Topic / Debate / 2855
  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

(...) Eric, I'm not sure about whether or not the passageway is walkable from the Uffizi to the Pitti palaces, (partly because I've never been to Florence) but I have a large book on sights in Florence, and it show an arial view of the old town. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

(...) Huh. Well, it's entirely possible that the walkway once connected the Uffizi to Pitti. I mean, certainly the Machiavelli had enough money to throw at it to get it accomplished. It seems a little absurd, but certainly physically possible, and I (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)