 Off-Topic / Debate / 28398
  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) That section of his post does reveal a lot about his (il)logic processes, though. Jeff (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) Where I come from, it is a sign of critical thinking to be able to evaluate an idea on its own merits, regardless of the source. But I know that critical thinking is a dying art. Do cultural differences add nuance to the written/spoken word (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?

(...) Where I come from, critical thinking requires actual thinking, not dogmatic obedience. Sadly, dogmatic obedience is not dying in this country. Citing mythos as fact and expecting to be taken seriously is not critical thinking. (...) To the (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)