 Off-Topic / Debate / 28284
Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 05:35:54 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:

   John, you really need to work out the subtleties of debating. That was not an assertion - it was a parody of your sentence, used to make my point.

How convenient. So, your point was to parody my assertion by making a non-assertion assertion yourself. Subtle. But your sublime subtlety wasn’t lost on me; I just wanted you to make your point instead of trying to WOW me with your subtle debating skilz.

So you were trying to make me make a point that wasn’t lost on you anyway? Why not just answer the point with some evidence instead of wasting everyone’s time?

   Do you actually have anything to backup your assertion? If so, why not post it here, like Dave did?

Better yet, who asked you in the first place?

You did. By posting an assertion publicly with nothing to back it up.

   But unlike you, I don’t provide evidence (in this case antidotal) for my case using the type of evidence against which I’m arguing. In fact, the lack of pro-war stories actually makes my point!

Maybe you think so.

   What I’m saying is that antidotal evidence of poor troop morale is an invidious tactic of the MSM to steer public opinion against the war effort. I wonder how many pro-war effort opinions were passed upon until a negative one was found and reported on.

If there are so many, why didn’t you post some of them in rebuttal of Dave’s perceived implication?

   The impression left (as implied by Dave!) is that overall morale is down.

I question the judgment and the lack of bias of the writers of this story.

Good! More people should question the stories they read in the news! For that matter, more editors should question the stories their reporters write!

   They aren’t interested in reporting news, they are interested in forwarding an anti-war, anti-Bush agenda.

Another assertion without factual basis. And I could probably assert something similar about any pro-war links you post too, if I was in the habit of making unfounded assertions, and if you’d actually posted any.

ROSCO