 Off-Topic / Debate / 28182
Re: malicious behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:12:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:

<snip>

Using an unjust law to have something legal removed from a website (something
that had been up for months) is immoral. It may be legal but there are very few
people outside the legal departments of multinational entertainment companies or
the ruling parties in dictatorships that consider a law that holds someone
guilty until proven innocent to be moral.

So my moral ground is that you have recently, and maliciously, used immoral
means to attack me freedom of speech.

Tim

I couldn't give a rats ass about DMCA, 'fair usage', 'freedom of speech' or '1st
ammendment rights' or whatever people are going on about now--it's all
obfuscating the actual issue.

Here's the relevant text from the top of this thread--

In lugnet.technic, Bob Parker wrote:
Seems to be some link problems with the Sidebar here.  Do we need a
Co-Curator? ;-)

Have you tried contacting the curator of the group? (Assuming you're talking
about broken links?)

Otherwise, it would appear that the images for Eric Sophie's models (and ONLY
Eric Sophie's models) were explicitly set to be a "broken" image:

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Lazarus/misc/Macros/thumb/broken_again.png_thumb.jpg

I have set the images to show Eric's creations properly. However, I expect that
this was done intentionally with malice toward Eric, given his history, and I
will attempt to look at the server logs to find out when this happened and who
specifically set these incorrectly. If this was done intentionally it is NOT
suitable behavior.

DaveE

---

Someone changed and 'mislinked' Erics creations in the sidebar of Technic to a
different pic that wasn't Erics.

It wasn't suitable behaviour, as DaveE stated.  This has nothing to do with
copyrights or 'free use' or Eric's response--the links in the sidebar that were
linking to Eric's creations--and only Eric's creations--were tampered with and
FOR THIS ALONE Eric deserves an apology (if it is shown that it was done
intentionally and maliciously, and right now, just by understanding 'the usual
suspects' and the history of some LUGNETters regarding Eric, I  really can't
believe that it wasn't malicious in intent and execution).

All other yippage by all parties (including me, so it seems) is specifically
irrelevant to this point.

(*this is such a joke, I am just having fun in the way I transcribe the events*)

Righgght! Brilliant, and upon further research one can plainly see, that another
party, usual suspect, utters a complaint unto Eric Sophie's person, there by
ignoring our esteemed DaveE's prescribe we let it alone, along with your wisdom
good sir, I feel quite assured that such exapirating circumstances resulted in
quite the citizen gesture on my part to our good admins, thus chimes in the
Smith, the Soren and the Gould nonetheless, for I would wither for it not for
you good sir! to whip it all in to context, rather reminds me of a galant
knight.

I we think  we should write Sherlock and Holmes mysteries.

Dave K

Thus the situation is moot.

(can some one shizzolate this, it would be fun)