 Off-Topic / Debate / 28183
Re: malicious behavior
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 22:20:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:

<snip>

Using an unjust law to have something legal removed from a website (something
that had been up for months) is immoral. It may be legal but there are very few
people outside the legal departments of multinational entertainment companies or
the ruling parties in dictatorships that consider a law that holds someone
guilty until proven innocent to be moral.

So my moral ground is that you have recently, and maliciously, used immoral
means to attack me freedom of speech.

Tim

I couldn't give a rats ass about DMCA, 'fair usage', 'freedom of speech' or '1st
ammendment rights' or whatever people are going on about now--it's all
obfuscating the actual issue.

--snip--

Someone changed and 'mislinked' Erics creations in the sidebar of Technic to a
different pic that wasn't Erics.

It wasn't suitable behaviour, as DaveE stated.  This has nothing to do with
copyrights or 'free use' or Eric's response--the links in the sidebar that were
linking to Eric's creations--and only Eric's creations--were tampered with and
FOR THIS ALONE Eric deserves an apology (if it is shown that it was done
intentionally and maliciously, and right now, just by understanding 'the usual
suspects' and the history of some LUGNETters regarding Eric, I  really can't
believe that it wasn't malicious in intent and execution).

All other yippage by all parties (including me, so it seems) is specifically
irrelevant to this point.

Dave K

If you think that Eric deserves an apology then perhaps you should apologise to
him. Since you had as much to do with the original issue as I did then you owe
him an apology as much as I do. Furthermore I've never argued that the original
issue was right, you've never argued that the original issue is right.

As for the post you quote: Eric asked me a question. I answered it. That's what
I do when I'm asked questions. That is part of discussion. Even more to the
point it's in .off-topic.debate which means it can be a debate style discussion.

Tim