 Off-Topic / Debate / 28139
Re: Where's Larry and Hoppy when you need 'em???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:42:15 GMT

snip

   And if you leave the US justice system to sort things out regarding this ‘war on terrah’, they deport Canadians to Syria

Do you think the war on “terrah” is a joke?

In a literal meaning, war on a noun--eh, hardly humour there

In the meaning that we both probaby agree on--a war against fanaticals who appear to have no issue with killing civilians of any country at whim to generate terror--absolutely no humour there.

In the meaning that it actually alludes to--‘terrah’ being a GBW pronunciation--complete non-funny “joke”,

OK. I think that manner of pronunciation is more accurately attributed to some like Jimmy Carter. President Bush’s famous mispronounciation is, of course, “nuclear”:-)

   in that most political pundits, most generals, even most Americans and most people around the world, state that GBW isn’t doing a very good job aat conducting his ‘war on terrah’ and that 3000+ dead soldiers and tens of thousands of dead Iraqis have not lead to a reduction in terror.

Here’s another perspective.

   In fact, GWB’s jihad against Iraq has increased the ability and fortitude of the terrorists. And I may point out, the escalating rhetoric that GWB and his compadres have generated over the past 6 years have lead to demonstrable ‘terrorist attacks’ from non-islamic fundamentalist sources--i.e. rat-poinson laced cookies sent to American justices that do not ‘toe GWB’s line’ and anthrax attacks on journalists and media types who also haven’t been ‘friendly to Bush’ (and lest we forget the ‘joking’ emanating from some ‘on the right’ when Keith Olbermann received a powdered containing envelope). More people are scared now to talk openly about their political stances lest they lose their jobs or even worse, get into physical altercations. People are getting fired or disciplined for having anti-bush bumperstickers. Am I making the ‘war on terrah’ into a joke?? No, I think America has already done that.

   Who knows upon what information the US government is acting upon. I don’t, so I can’t comment.

US officials sent him to Syria instead of Canada. You know what the issue is right there. You’re better than hiding behind that ‘Hey, it’s classified--I’m not to know and neither are you’ obfuscation.

Not at all. If we had info on him that Canada did not and we determined that we didn’t want him in the US; that’s our perogative.

   http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070123.wxarar23/BNStory/National/home

I’m glad *some* senators are calling it what it is--

“Demogoguery”?

On GWB”s part--I agree,

Well, I’ll take one for the team and apologize for the Anne Murray thing...

Actually, I don’t mind Anne Murray at all. That’s the “joke” I guess, that the writers of SP thought so funny-- calling a nice and decent person a “bitch”.

   Though, to be said, the last time Anne Murray was relevant in the media was, well, the ‘70’s. And we did give y’all Shania, so that’s gotta account for something.

Yeah, we owe you one for her, and we also owe you one for Jack Bauer, too:-)

JOHN