 Off-Topic / Debate / 27694
  Re: Heads Up, Non-Atheists

(...) Probably true, and it's a shame. We've discussed Pat Robertson before, and what a shame it would be if he were everyone's idea of a "typical" Christian. (...) I hear that all the time, and it baffles me! Besides, I've told you before--if it (...) (19 years ago, 23-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Heads Up, Non-Atheists

(...) lol, my veiled point was making a distinction between the definition of the term "atheism" and one such as "agnostic", which I assume that you are (technically). JOHN (19 years ago, 23-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Heads Up, Non-Atheists

(...) I've heard the argument that since an agnostic doesn't actively believe in god, they are technically a subset of atheists. I might call it 'soft atheism' versus 'hard atheism.' This is actually something I've been thinking about recently. How (...) (19 years ago, 24-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Heads Up, Non-Atheists

(...) But they also don't believe there isn't a god. Could you call it 'soft religion'? (...) Surely it only takes the exposing of one 'ungodly' act to discredit anyone using belief in god as an election platform. How hard could that be? a (19 years ago, 27-Mar-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)