 Off-Topic / Debate / 2762
Re: What is a set, philosophically
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:53:47 GMT

Dave Schuler wrote:

   About a year or so ago I wrote a pseudo-serious, long-winded post on RTL on
this very subject (for the terminally curious, I'll try and find it on
DejaNews).

For the newbies, and those who don't recall trivia well, this was in
response to my posing a thought question. Dave's answer was well
written, I agreed with it then, and still do. Very worth rereading if
you're interested in the zen of sets.

Frank's reply, below, comes at this question from a different
perspective, and so I agree with it as well.