 Off-Topic / Debate / 27572 (-10)
  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) I was speaking in the context of Sharia. I don't care if Iranians believe in Sharia or any other system of law and order. What I do care about is how those beliefs affect their policies towards the outside world. So I don't think that your (...) (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) So it's less about what they actually do than it is about what you believe they might do? a (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) I'm just trying to establish whether the statement you made about Iranians above also applies to gays. Does it? ROSCO (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Regarding what? (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) So you *do* care what gays believe? ROSCO (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) Well, see, this is part of the problem. If we wait, for instance, until Iran gets nukes and uses them, then it is a bit late, don't you agree? This is the reason for pre-emptive strikes. A stitch in time and all of that. (...) I guess I was (...) (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) lol For some reason, it comes out that way in type every time and I have to go back and correct. Musta missed that one:-/ Either that, or it's Canada's fault! JOHN (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) You probably did but that's not really your fault. There have been marches in the UK but, unsurprisingly their peaceful nature made them unnewsworthy. BTW. I just found this (URL) So it seems that the government and religious leaders of (...) (19 years ago, 6-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

(...) A good start would be to find out who it actually is. (...) And how many people do you know with faeces for brains to make such a comparison? (...) His? I see nothing gender specific about that pic. Maybe it's nothing to do with shame, but a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys wrote: --SNIP-- (...) But surely thats how democracy works. If you had no control over who was in power then you could have a right to say that its nothing to do with you, but that isn't the case. (Don't get (...) (19 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact