 Off-Topic / Debate / 27571
Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 06:01:26 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:
   --SNIP--

No John. I’m not repeating (nor speaking of) sour grapes. I have nothing against the conservatism of the appointees, I have something against the religious fundamentalism of them. You know, the same thing you don’t like in Muslims.

I frankly don’t care what they believe; it’s what they do that can concern me...

I agree completely, but we’ll have to wait and see what happens before deciding on this.

Well, see, this is part of the problem. If we wait, for instance, until Iran gets nukes and uses them, then it is a bit late, don’t you agree? This is the reason for pre-emptive strikes. A stitch in time and all of that.

So it’s less about what they actually do than it is about what you believe they might do?