 Off-Topic / Debate / 27572
Re: Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 06:08:14 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:

To quote you “I frankly don’t care what they believe; it’s what they do that can concern me...”

This is strange-- we are talking about gay marriage AND Iran in the same post... That comment was directed at Iran.

So you *do* care what gays believe?

Regarding what?

I’m just trying to establish whether the statement you made about Iranians above also applies to gays. Does it?

I was speaking in the context of Sharia. I don’t care if Iranians believe in Sharia or any other system of law and order. What I do care about is how those beliefs affect their policies towards the outside world. So I don’t think that your juxtaposition of gays into my statement really means anything, and I am at a loss as to what you are asking.