 Off-Topic / Debate / 27515
27514  |  27516
Subject:
Danish cartoons outrage some Moslem groups and nations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:36:11 GMT

Hey all,

Have you guys seen this story? A Danish newspaper printed several cartoons of Mohammed last September and this has led to complaints to the UN, death threats, and boycotts of Danish goods in some Arab nations (which is how I first saw the story on ILENN, because many of the news stories say boycott Danish products including ... LEGO ...). Then this morning I saw it in the Post because several other European newspapers reran the cartoons in solidarity with the Danish paper, and apparently the editor of one French paper got sacked over this. You can see the cartoons in question on this blog.

Bruce