 Off-Topic / Debate / 2737
Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 01:58:36 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Well, that's not quite the point -- at least not what I was keying in on
in what James wrote.  James's point was that our not respecting their
intellectual property gives them less reason to respect us, rather than more
reason, regardless of whether or not they already do.  (Do you see what I
mean?)

Yes, I see what you mean.  I think it's somewhat irrelevant, but I
see what you mean.  I think one person posting several crappy scans
of soon-to-be released sets (and not all this supposed TOP SECRET
marketing material that has been alluded to) will barely register on
their screens.

If we're (as a group of enthusiasts) trying to gain TLC's respect, this
sure as heck ain't the way to do it.

You're probably right.  Buying hundreds of thousands of dollars
worth of their products, offering to fund specific part runs at high
dollar, offering to save them money on shipping and labor by buying
hundreds of copies of service packs and asking only a small
discount, etc are probably the best ways to earn their respect.

Oh wait, we already DO that, and what exactly has it gotten us?

I know you have a hopeful, positive outlook on the Lego company.  I
don't.  When I think of the Lego company I think of the jackass
Larry talked to at the MOA - the loser who obviously didn't care
about their products, their image, or their customers.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/