 Off-Topic / Debate / 27347 (-5)
  Re: Bennett IS unworthy of being used as toilet paper

(...) Boiled down, Bennett did indeed say "Abort all black babies and cut crime." You can slap qualifiers on it such as he said it might be morally reprehensible, but I think his very statement was pretty morally reprehensible regardless on a rather (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Screw Abstinence?

(...) At the risk of splitting hairs, I have to take issue with your choice of words here. NARAL does not support abortion but instead supports the right of reproductive choice. To say that NARAL supports abortion is like saying that the NRA (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Screw Abstinence?

(...) This article is not talking about the Left, it is talking about supporters of abortion throwing an event. This is a liberal point of view but not a Left wing point of view. Please don't bandy about terms incorrectly. As for the event, I would (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Screw Abstinence?

(...) I have to admit I find it similar in nature to stating that aborting black babies would lower the crime rate. The message of the event would appear to be "don't force abstinence on people", but calling it "Screw Abstinence" gives it a slant (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Screw Abstinence?

I'm curious about how folks weigh in on (URL) this event>. Not surprisingly, I find it beyond stupid, and the story even cites one person of the left as calling it "cringe-worthy". Well, "good times" or "cringe-worthy"? This is the Left that I fear (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact