 Off-Topic / Debate / 2688
  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) Except on those rare occasions things get out of hand? (...) Moving jobs _again_? Jasper (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) Agreed! If such an absurd notion(1) were to be true, then surely the "Wild West" would be known as the "Exceptionally polite West where no-one would ever dream of raising their voices or frowning at another." Richard (1) This is of course my (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) My understanding of those times is that most people were polite and steered clear of annoying people. I also understand that gunfights were insanely uncommon. Not at all like motion picture portrayal. (I wasn't born in the states either - (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?

(...) You're probably right - my understanding of the times having come from motion picture portrayal :) (1) I would argue that politeness could come from *communities* having to get on to survive in a hostile new environment. As very few of us seem (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  back to guns (was: Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) Right. I wouldn't be an advocate of gun dispersement if my best argument was based on making people polite. Chris (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)