 Off-Topic / Debate / 26745
    Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture! —David Eaton
   (...) I don't think I'd consider it a dodge, really. My own thought on it is that there's no such thing as "first". The concept of time is just a perception you have that appears linear. I happen to think it's more circular in nature, without a real (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture! —John Neal
   (...) Really? Upon what do you base that observation? Because based on all of my observations, everything known has a beginning and an end (except the existence of the universe). (...) My point was that it is UNscientific to generate a theory by (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture! —David Eaton
   (...) It's primarily based on what I know about time considering its relation to energy, and how time is actually unconstant. Also, a sneaking suspicion that time is "curved" just like everything else. Similar to how we once thought the Earth was (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)