 Off-Topic / Debate / 26639
    Re: Excellent news! —Mark Neumann
   (...) No way, you've got to be kidding me. Now I know how we massage a budget here in our little sewer district to show numbers we want, so I can imagine a criminal institution can show how it costs $1/day to support a convict. Sorry, I don't buy (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Excellent news! —Timothy Gould
   (...) You have to consider the cost of judges wages, court time, time waiting for court cases (spent in jail-more than ten years on average if I remember). That could easily add to more than the cost of incarceration. Also, consider that your (...) (19 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)