 Off-Topic / Debate / 26614
Re: This Week's "Dumbest Thing I've Ever Heard"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:47:10 GMT

   Despite record deficits, a shaky economy, and increasing worldwide animosity toward the United States’ military hegemony, Dubya has gone ahead to fund one of the biggest, most ill-conceived, and most unnecessary pork projects in decades.

I find it amusing that every word of that post is still true nearly a year later. But I have to wonder: has any critical portion of the vaunted Missile Defense Shield ever not failed?

I read this article, and it sounds like more of the same. The current excuse is that it was the silo, not the missile system, that failed. That’s like saying “the bullet is flawless, but the gun doesn’t work.”

And, assuming that this amazing system one day manages to work with better than a zero percent success rate, from whom is it designed to protect us? Some badguy with a missile, that’s for sure.

Mr. President, we cannot allow a mineshaft gap!

Dave!