 Off-Topic / Debate / 23848
Re: This Week's "Dumbest Thing I've Ever Heard"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:11:56 GMT

   Despite record deficits, a shaky economy, and increasing worldwide animosity toward the United States’ military hegemony, Dubya has gone ahead to fund one of the biggest, most ill-conceived, and most unnecessary pork projects in decades.

I liked this just ‘cause it uses the term “laser cannon”: He acknowledged delays in the Airborne Laser, a program that aims to mount a laser cannon on a Boeing 747, which would shoot down missiles as they were launched. So far, engineers have not been able to fire the main laser, which has not yet been put onto the test aircraft. Nor have the targeting optics on the plane undergone full trials, he said.

4 question on this:
  1. How does one know where a missile is heading as it is launching?
  2. Will it work on cloudy days?
  3. Will it stop N Korean “fertiliser” trains?
  4. Will it stop future anthrax attacks, or help catch the perpetrator who is still at large?
Given that the threat posed by climate change is more severe than that associated with N Korea, what is Bush doing to mitigate that problem?

   I believe that the system is called either the “Chicken Little” or “The Apocalypser.”

...or even the “cash cow

Scott A

Dave!