 Off-Topic / Debate / 26229
  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) Neal Stephenson (Snow Crash, The Diamond Age. Both in my top 20) almost meets your requirement (b. October 31, 1959) Greg Egan (b. 1961) seem to be fairly well respected (won a Hugo and John W. Campbell Memorial Award). I haven't read anything (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) He's also written/co-written a couple of novels. The only one I've read to date was Neverwhere (also a TV miniseries in the UK), but. (...) He also drove a lot of adults away from reading the Star Wars novels, largely as a result of the two (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?

(...) Whoops, forgot to complete that thought. ...but it didn't really strike me as a great example of his work. The ending kinda rolls out in a largely predictable manner. I'd say the most compelling reason to read it is the unusual array of (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)