 Off-Topic / Debate / 26182
Re: Halloween vs. the Bible Belt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 21:53:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   I thought “Bah, humbug!” only was used in conjunction with Christmas. :-)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=13&u=/ap/20041015/ap_on_re_us/halloween_on_the_sabbath

Y’know, sometimes I just shake my head and want to give up.

Those that have a problem with Hallowe’en should have a problem with it no matter the day of the week. Sending little Johnny dressed up as ‘the devil’ on Saturday is okay, but don’t do it on Sunday??? Yeah, that makes sense.

I’ll have a pumpkin on my stoop this year, just as every year, and the treats will be doled out Sunday night, not Saturday.

Dave K