 Off-Topic / Debate / 26032
Re: Why these news groups were created
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 13:29:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jason Coronado wrote:

please understand that i will NEVER change my views and turn against my
savior.

This "stay the course" attitude is laudable in some circles but is rightly
recognized as irrational stubbornness by others.

Can you conceive of any circumstance that would cause you to modify your views?
Can you imagine any circumstance under which you would conclude that your views
are in error?

If so, then I would greatly appreciate it if you could articulate those
circumstances here.  If not, then I suggest that, rather than seeking any form
of true understanding, you have merely contented yourself to build a fortress
against rational inquiry.

That's your right, of course, but it's hardly a commendable intellectual pursuit
IMO.

Dave!