 Off-Topic / Debate / 26016
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 05:43:31 GMT

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:I473CK.1uzM@lugnet.com...

Being gay presents a special problem, because their behavior is repulsive to
heterosexuals.  I don't mean to offend gays, but it is the truth.

Maybe truth in your, as usual, twisted, bigotted,
totally-intolerant-to-any-lifestyle-but-those-EXACTLY-like-you mind, but I'm
strictly hetero, and I certainly don't find homo/bi repulsive.  Just not my bag.

Once again, just about the time I {might} start thinking there is a slight
possibility that you might be a decent human being, instead of an intolerant
bigot, you open your mouth again and blurt out your true feelings.

And this has nothing to do with a pathologically diagnosed phobia,
so give the epithet "homophobe" a rest.

Well, until you submit to therapy to find out, you can deny it.  Convenient for
you.

Of course, {John} would never go to therapy.  It's obviously everyone else in
the world that has a problem, not {John}.  Even if {John}'s thoughts are
bigotted, narrow-minded, and thoroughly anti-freedom, it's got to be everyone
else that is wrong.

The way I read his original comment was that
despising LGBTs and their lifestyles is genetically built into humankind,
despite the fact that much of the modern world disproves his theory.

Specifically, the revulsion of heterosexuals by the idea of engaging in
homosexual sex.

You've asked them all, have you? I would say many heterosexuals would
probably have such revulsion, but I wouldn't be arrogant enought to assume
they ALL do.

Well, the ones that didn't I wouldn't categorize as "heterosexual", but as
"heterosexual with homosexual tendencies", or some other such qualification.

As usual - you might as well be a Bush, you spout "with us or against us"
against everyone.

Gee, people that weren't repulsed couldn't {possibly} just be more tolerant than
a Grade A Bigot like you, there must be something "wrong" with them.

Here I was in a good mood for getting back online, and John mucks it up with his
typical bigotry.

--
Tom Stangl
*http://www.vfaq.com/