 Off-Topic / Debate / 25990
  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) See also the novels of Greg Bear, who seems to riff on some of this stuff quite a bit. You might just get a lot of confused views rather than good solid scientific info but you might just enjoy the reads... (I just finished Vitals which (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) I love Greg Bear, also good are Darwin's Radio and Blood Music. (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Genetics and SF (was Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Those, in fact (along with Darwin's Children) were what I was thinking of as well. I just finished Blood Music and I have to say while I found the science very interesting, I sort of didn't like the ending of the story. The whole last half of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Genetics and SF (was Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) If it's genetic SF you want, give the Beggars trilogy (Beggars in Spain, Beggars and Choosers, and Beggars Ride) by Nancy Kress a read. Not only are they a very good read but they are also very pertinant to the issues that started this whole (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Genetics and SF (was Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) If I recall correctly, Blood Music was indeed a short story first, and then was lengthened to a novel after the short story's success. I've only read the short version, but I wouldn't doubt that the second half of the novel was bland. ~Kevoh (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Genetics and SF (was Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Read them, liked them. The very notion of being Sleepless is a pretty amazing idea. Thought the third book got a bit weak compared to the first, though. (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Genetics and SF (was Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) I've only read a couple of full-length novels that were originally published as short stories or novellas. Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card) comes immediately to mind (and I've recently discovered a copy of the original novella at the local (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)