 Off-Topic / Debate / 25974
  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I've always viewed it as mixed-handedness when you do some things with one and some things with the other. Being fully ambidextrous should require being able to do everything with either hand at will, and being partially ambidextrous should (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) There is some evidence that dyslexia is caused by making kids learn to read before their brain is ready for that kind of processing. I'm the first to admit that it's weak evidence, but there are a bunch of schools that adhere to a philosophy (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oh, I don't doubt that it's a real condition, and I don't even doubt that it may have a higher incidence than previously known. But I'm uncomfortable with the correlation between the ease-of-diagnosis and the availability-of-prof...edication. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I just realized that you're making a correct and finer distinction than I did. I didn't mean to suggest that these disorder are mere behavior problems in need of more discipline. On the other hand, sympton-lists are problematic because it's (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)