 Off-Topic / Debate / 25955
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:29:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz wrote:

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message

(left handed, if you're wondering)

Does writing with your left hand make you left handed, or, as in my case, since
I'm basically right-handed predominant except for writing (and who writes
anymore, anyway) would I be considered right-handed?

If you saw that a baseball was about to smack you in your noggin from directly
in front of you, would you catch/deflect it with your left or right hand?
(Assuming, of course, that simple dodging was not an option).

Hmm, I feel like I would block with my left hand/arm, but I am probably
right handed (I used to mix hands for some tasks, less so now). Of course
without a reflex test, who knows. I wonder though if you would tend to block
with your off hand reflexively protecting your more valuable dominant hand?

Well, it's clear that you and Purple Dave have thought about this more carefully
than I did.  Shame on me for coming up with a weak example!

Dave!
(still left-handed)