 Off-Topic / Debate / 2578
  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Or "bait and switch" where they advertise something they don't really have to get you into the store, and then turn around and say, well, we sold out of the $20 TV, but we've got this nice model which is a lot nicer for $500. (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) "Well, we sold out of the $230 gray market Nikon FM2n, but we do have this $280 US version - look, it even comes with warranty and everything!" Jasper (25 years ago, 6-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)