 Off-Topic / Debate / 25650
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:28:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Edward Welsh wrote:

A few thoughts, anyway, that I'd love to pursue further.  Interest?
Administrative support?

-Teddy

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does sexual preference have to do with
building with Lego? I always saw it as a fairly asexual enterprise. Am I missing
a whole field of exploration here?

I agree. I've always found the lack of sexual and sexuality topics here on
LUGNET (and the LEGO hobby as a whole) refreshing. I get enough of that from the
media and other places in my life, it's nice to get a break from it and just
enjoy the hobby of LEGO.

jt

I'm from the same mind set.  LUGNET is about LEGO.  Not cooking and LEGO, not
water skiing and LEGO.  Just LEGO.  Why is it necessary to discuss sexual
orientation and how it relates to LEGO here on LUGNET?

The LUGNET community is a family affair and discussions of sex do not belong on
an all ages site.  Parents should feel comforatable letting their kids view and
post to LUGNET without fear of encoumtering topics they may feel are
inappropriate for their childs age.

Keep it about LEGO.

Mike

Mike