 Off-Topic / Debate / 25628
  Re: God and worth (was re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred)

(...) Well, I happen to find the things Man finds worthful completely worthless. Monetary wealth? Success? Fame? Getting laid? Or happiness? Even happiness for its own sake is empty. (...) At the very least, focusing on God turns our narcissistic (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: God and worth (was re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred)

(...) The operative word being "I". ROSCO (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: God and worth (was re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred)

(...) Only if you choose to define it that way. I used to work with a Christian who said something like "if emotions are just chemical reactions, aren't they meaningless?" Well, sure. Insofar as I attach no truly transcendent, metaphysical "meaning" (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)