 Off-Topic / Debate / 25531
  Re: Fair use and allusion?

I happened to find an interesting cite. I think it's germane to the section of the post below I haven't trimmed away (...) This is an op-ed piece written by Ellen Goodman: (URL) found this para particularly relevant: "Moore described his movie as an (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) Why are you telling US this? Why aren't you on the podium at the Republican convention? For a party that detests Moore, they are bigger liars and prevaricators (and True Liarnators) than Moore. :-) -->Bruce<-- (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) Because I care more about you guys than I do the Republican conventioneers? Man their speakers do drone on, don't they? (...) See above. (...) Agreed. But besides the point I was making, which is that Moore damages his causes merely by being (...) (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) If Moore causes issues to get debated which would otherwise lie quite, I think that’s a good thing. It amazes me how those interested ‘the truth’ attack Moore night and day whist saying nothing about the bias in the US media. I wonder why that (...) (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) I'm not sure who you mean, exactly. But I work with a bunch of Bushites who hate Moore and they do pretty commonly assault the (liberal, commie, pinko, neo-hippy, etc.) bias in the US media. Is that what you mean? Chris (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) Chris, either you are being facetious, or your friends are listening to too much talk radio. ;-) BTW What is a neo-hippy? Scott Arthur PS A t-shirt I saw the other day: The USSR had Pravda; the USA has Fox News. (...) (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)