 Off-Topic / Debate / 25472
Re: suspended Bricklink shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:27:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Eaton wrote:

Why is it equitable for Lego to cater to Wal*Mart, but not to small shops? Why do companies bend over backwards for important/famous/rich customers? They don’t need to, but if they do, they’re more likely to get good press. If Dan wants a positive public opinion, he should bend over backwards to accomidate Larry. If he doesn’t care, he shouldn’t.
I’m not counting, but I’m aware of a lot of posts which say Dan was correct. I’d also suggest that there will be a lot of BL users who are indifferent to the mess Larry has got himself in. A further group is probably unaware (despite Larry’s efforts) of what has occurred. Within that context, I’m not sure how relevant your point is.

   His call, but hey, if he doesn’t make what I personally would consider to be a good effort, or makes rash decisions, I’ll think less of him, and be more likely as a customer to abandon BL.

Personalities aside, do you not agree that dealing swiftly and decisively with “malicious” intend may actually improve buyer/seller confidence in the system?

Scott A