 Off-Topic / Debate / 25463
Re: suspended Bricklink shops.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:59:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Papenfuss wrote:

It does not matter what Tim thinks is inside or outside the ToS. It is not his
call to make. Obviously, Dan thought it was not inline with the ToS - and thats
really the only view that means anything here - right?

Mark,

What are you trying to gain by the repetition of this idea?  We get it.  You
think that we don't have a right to an opinion.  I happen to disagree.  If
you're merely pointing out that we don't have the power to change anything over
at BL, then maybe you're right and maybe not.  In any case, what's your stake in
this?

Chris

Chris -
I have said countless times in the last few days in direct regards to this
situation - I am not trying to tell anybody they can not have, or voice thier
opinion. But when you base your opinion on false information that some people
continue to dish out, or inclomplete and/or twisted facts - there is a problem
in that *IMHO*. And also, some people are acting like thier opinion is what
should be followed - agian, not the case.

I have no stake in this other than I do not like seeing Dan get bashed over
false, incomplete or twisted facts as is being done in an overwhelmingly
abudnace.

Dan is a great guy who works darn hard at trying to give us a great site like BL
- and he does what he thinks needs to be done. And its a shame people are
faulting him for that very simple fact. I can understand 100% why people may not
agree with what he did based on what they know (or in some cases think they
know) - but much of those feelings have been based on false, incomplete or
twisted facts. If you are going to be upset at somebody - at least make sure you
know the story before you get upset. So you may say - 'but thats what we are
doing, asking questions'. Hey, thats great -- really it is I honestly applaud
people who ARE trying to get the full story. But you need to undertand who does,
and who does not have the full story.

Mark P
LoB