 Off-Topic / Debate / 25412
    Re: suspended Bricklink shops —Tim Courtney
   (...) Dan deserves quite a bit of thanks for what he's done. However, unlike many sites, BL was created as a business venture rather than a totally benevolent effort. People pay Dan to list their wares, they're buying a service. If Dan knows what's (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: suspended Bricklink shops —Scott Arthur
     (...) Even when a seller deliberately continues to break the ToS, and as a result potentially disenfranchises buyers? (...) Perhaps somebody should compete? One could argue that BL is too big now, and that a basic "sets only" or "minifig only" (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: suspended Bricklink shops —Dave Schuler
     (...) In my whole life I have never corresponded with a more ardent proponent of the free market system than Lar, so I'm confident that Lar would assert that Bricklink is not a natural monopoly. As such, if the market will bear a second online bulk (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: suspended Bricklink shops —Mark Papenfuss
   (...) Another flaw Tim - Dan DOES NOT see Larry as a "good-faith" anything! He proved that in not only his words, but his actions. What you think Larry is, or not is is 100% pointless! You need to understand that. The only person view that matters (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)