 Off-Topic / Debate / 25254
Re: Preaching to the Choir
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 02:53:23 GMT

As far as other negative aspects of gay marriage, I would only include one-- child-raising. I believe that every child has the right to have a father and a mother.

The right? I don’t think children have any such right.

   They are not equal and interchangable. All things being equal, I believe it is better for a child to grow up having a mother and a father rather than 2 of one or the other.

That may possibly be so, but I have seen no evidence to support it.

   Again, all things being equal, 1 woman and 1 man is the superior and ideal family-raising scenario.

I for one would like to see your evidence to back up that claim. I’m not saying I disagree with you, I probably lean in that direction myself, but as yet I have seen no evidence of it, and I certainly wouldn’t assert it as fact.

ROSCO