 Off-Topic / Debate / 25218
Re: Preaching to the Choir
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 18:49:17 GMT

I always felt this was a "right-wing" group. However, I feel that 911
understandably radicalised opinion in this group; many with loosely held views
(or perhaps covert right-wingers?) lurched to the right and called for all sorts
of people to be bombed (I’m exaggerating, but you know what I mean). What is
interesting is how views have changed since then. It is my view that this group
has drifted from the right to the centre ground of politics.

This may be largely due to the War on Terror and how it highlighted American
Foreign Policy (past & present). But one must remember that Bush's pre-911
Foreign Policy took him on a collision course with China &  his (lack of an)
environmental viewpoint and missile defence proposals upset a great deal the
rest of the world. Either way, the international condemnation of Bush (before &
after 911) has been mirrored on this group (and not just by me!). Those who
supported the “deconstruction” of Iraq have back-peddled, the right has been
left blurting out slogans laced with mock indignation and I can’t even remember
the last post I saw here in support of missile defence….

But don't feel sorry for those on the right; stamp on their ignorance wherever
you see it. ;)

Scott A