 Off-Topic / Debate / 25185
    Hey Pyramid Guy!!! —David Koudys
   So there's this Maslow guy who talked about the 5 tiers of basic needs-- physiological needs - food, water, secure place to sleep, etc safety needs - won't get eaten, stabbed, whatever love and affection - emotional bonding with others esteem - (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Hey Pyramid Guy!!! —David Laswell
     (...) If you consider basic friendships as meeting the requirement for that tier, it really throws a different spin on that than if you consider it as only referring to dating-or-higher relationships. There have been studies showing that even having (...) (20 years ago, 6-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: Hey Pyramid Guy!!! —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) Ultimately it is because he was trying to describe his observations not make something up along the lines of "wouldn't it be nice if..." I think that people staying in abusive domestic relationships illustrates the importance of social (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Hey Pyramid Guy!!! —David Eaton
   (...) I guess that's the question-- what does being 'on top of the pyramid' translate to? More valuable? More primary? More advanced? (...) I gots me some edgy-kay-shuns in philosophy-- and arguably dipping into psychology. I seem to recall that (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)