 Off-Topic / Debate / 2517
Re: Blue Hopper Car Mania...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:12:07 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

Intewrestingly, a vast majority of IP protected works do Not allow
resale (without prior written consent from the publisher).

From my copy of Asimov's Foundation: "This book is sold subject to the
condition that it shall not, by way of trade or otherwise, be lent,
re-sold, hired out or otherwise circulated without the publisher's
prior consent"

Oooh, good catch. So that means all those used book stores are
technically fencing goods obtained illegally (because the sellers
weren't allowed to.)

How did I miss that one? I used to shop at used book stores all the time
back when I was poorer. (trimmed everything except off-topic.debate from
the groups)