 Off-Topic / Debate / 25051
Re: polygyny in "biblical times"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:01:22 GMT

As much as the quote is great out of context, it looks pretty clear that that’s not what’s intended.

I don’t get it; am I missing something obvious? What makes the “ten virgins” “bridesmaids for the bride”?

Scott A

   Oh well. At least I’m not missing out on those 10 virgins by not getting into heaven. Though I hear there’s a great deal going on for Muslims-- sign up now and you get *70* virgins! But I hear the signup fee is a killer.

DaveE