 Off-Topic / Debate / 25034
Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:13:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl wrote:
   You’ve never said it in those exact words,

Thank you.

   and you have several times tried to profess that you’re an open-minded person,

I believe I am.

   but just about every post you make in this group is tight-a@@ed Moral Majority pap

No, no, Tom. The MM would have a hard time with my beliefs-- I am hardly a schill for them! Merely because I am a Christian does not mean for a NY minute that I agree, especially politically with other Christians. That is just plain stereotyping. Reminds me of an interesting movie I saw this summer-- “Saved”. The person who wrote that screenplay has the same stereotypical perceptive of Christians as I believe you do-- hypocritical, judgmental, and narrow-minded. I am not denying that there exist Christians like this; all I am saying is that we are not all from some cookie cutter.

   where everything is fine as long as it goes YOUR way, and you have no problem with forcing your narrow-minded views on the rest of the population.

I’d really, just once, like to hear a straight answer from you on what you have been dodging repeatedly in this thread - why, exactly, will same-sex marriage destroy the institution of marriage?

I have repeatedly stated that this is not a gay issue, but one of redefining the institution of marriage.

Here is my straight answer. If you find the definition of OMOW for marriage unacceptable, offer to me an alternative, and we can go from there.

   Are you going to say that your marriage will fall apart if *gasp* 2 men or 2 women get married in some other state? Sheer idiocy!

Won’t affect my marriage at all. I believe it will screw up young minds who will go on to marry some day.

JOHN