 Off-Topic / Debate / 25033
Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 05:12:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:
   I understand they use a slightly different definition in Utah.

Used. They changed it a while back, but they really only enforce it if you make a big stink about it (in other words, you have to make your crime seem that much more important to enforce than someone else’s murder before they’re going to come pounding on your door). There was recently a man who was arrested for the umpteenth time because he’s married to 3-4 wives and keeps parading around as a very vocal polygamy-activist. If he’d just shut up about it, they’d leave him alone.