 Off-Topic / Debate / 2502
Re: Discussion (Was: Blue Hopper Car Mania...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:12:29 GMT

John DiRienzo wrote:

   Instead of spending our time figuring new dumb ways to tax people, I have
an idea (1)... how about not taxing people?  I like it.  I like it a lot.
   But your idea has lots of room for loopholes.  Like buying stuff on the
net.  Like drugs - how does it help?  Drug money is spent on more drugs, or
attorneys, or fines, anyway.  Does sales tax apply to services?  Then there
are even more under the table services.  Taxing people... its such a waste.

(1) - void where prohibited by law.

A nice idea, true, but one that is impractical, as of right now. I would love
not to be taxed, but I don't think it is practical. Our current society needs to
pay for certain things (I.E., military, roads, etc.), but not in the way, the
amount, or the scope, of government that we have today. I am all for
privatization of things, but in this current climate, I don't know if anything
is going to change outside of a revolution, or some other drastic measure.

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator, CAD Systems Administrator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!