 Off-Topic / Debate / 2476
Re: Discussion (Was: Blue Hopper Car Mania...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:08:47 GMT

Christopher Lannan wrote:

Not only the huge costs of dispensing the money in these programs, but I have
heard that 50% of the money that the IRS collects is spent collecting it. That
seems like a terrible waste to me. Flat sales taxes anyone?

Chris

Sales tax, at least for the state (Michigan) is flat. How about a flat income
tax, or a consumption tax even? Anything is better than the awful monstrosity of
the Federal tax system.

Scott S.

"I have worked harder than I ever have in my entire life, and I can't find you a
tax cut." - Bill Clinton, 1993

Sure Bill, but you can spend billions on new "social programs", right? >:(

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator, CAD Systems Administrator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!