 Off-Topic / Debate / 24717
Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:39:31 GMT

   Well, maybe this is a better hypothetical: What if the dominant nation (accepting, though, that the minarchist idea kind of trumps this) simply buys all territory surrounding the smaller nation and then charges the smaller nation a billion dollars per person to cross the surrounding territory, airspace, or what-have-you? The dominant nation is no longer the invader, but it still wields crippling power over the subjugated state.

Sounds a bit like Cuba. ;)

Scott A

Honestly, I don’t know the answer to that one off hand. What do you suggest? Armored VTOL aircraft or spaceships? Or maybe just never leaving?