 Off-Topic / Debate / 24608
Re: Fair use and allusion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 19:22:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

   Seems obvious even to you that is NOT about freeing the people of Iraq, but controlling the flow of oil (which was flowing anyway, just not our way).

Not controlling the flow of oil (or do you have cites for that?),

The last time I looked Bush:
  1. had ~140,000 troops in Iraq.
At the request of the sovereign, democratic nation of Iraq.

  1. had installed a dictator in iraq.
Look again. You’ll see elections are on the horizon-- a concept quite foreign to dictators.

  1. was conducting show trials there.

I have no response to the ignorance of this one.

   If that is not control, what is?

If that is not the Liberal party line, wrought with hysterical inaccuracies, what is?

   but enabling the free flow of oil to occur.

...and where is that oil flowing to? Your “SUV” perhaps?

LOL I love it when Liberals start ranting about SUVs! You have made my day!

I’m not convinced Bush has anyone’s best interests at heart other than his own and those of his corporate buddies. ;(

Of course you are not, and how convenient for you to think so.

(snipped for lack of interest on my part)

JOHN