 Off-Topic / Debate / 24607
Re: Fair use and allusion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:06:55 GMT

   Seems obvious even to you that is NOT about freeing the people of Iraq, but controlling the flow of oil (which was flowing anyway, just not our way).

Not controlling the flow of oil (or do you have cites for that?),

The last time I looked Bush:
  1. had ~140,000 troops in Iraq.
  2. had installed a dictator in iraq.
  3. was conducting show trials there.
If that is not control, what is?

   but enabling the free flow of oil to occur.

...and where is that oil flowing to? Your “SUV” perhaps?

   That’s fine, except you carefully ignore my point: Bush is convenient on what he wants to pay attention to and what he wants to ignore (an act that he repeats to alarming degrees).

Yes, and this brings us back to Chris’ original statement a while back-- the US should tow the UN line or cut bait. I agree that pandering to the UN when convenient is silly when everyone knows that we will act in our own best interests when we need to (because sure as hell nobody else will!)

I’m not convinced Bush has anyone’s best interests at heart other than his own and those of his corporate buddies. ;(

If you think Bush supports “freedom”, read this.

   (and it should be pointed out since Bush can’t substantiate his claims, it would appear that the U.N. was correct).

How? The weapons were never accounted for.

Exactly. Bush needs to account for his claims and can’t.

His claims that SH had WMDs? Everybody knew he had them.

Indeed, Bush knew because Rumsfeld delivered them! If you do think he had them, are you not concerned that Bush has engineered a situation whereby OBL’s foot soldiers are apparently crawling all over the country?

   Dictatorship. Let’s use the right words. It doesn’t happen without someone in the family business taking part somewhere along the line.

My point is that the whole family doesn’t see eye to eye on certain issues, namely terrorism. The top condemns it, but some lower ministers clandestinely finance it.

Indeed, they support the same type of extremism that St Ron did. Did you mourn his passing whilst celebrating his record?

   But Bush is okay with scumbags (remember, this is the guy who didn’t want the communist governments in eastern europe overthrown).

Roosevelt was okay with Stalin-- arguably the biggest scumbag of all time...

Roosevelt was arguably your greatest president. He fought the most fearsome military machine the world had ever known. Comparing him and the man-monkey is like comparing an silver-spooned-oil-rich-frat-boy with an educated Vietnam war hero.

Bush should study Roosevelt’s words: “Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth”.

Scott A