 Off-Topic / Debate / 24317
Re: when you change the facts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:33:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:

I’m not sure I agree that that is what the song is about. I think it is saying there are two types of news stories (facts):
  1. Real news: “Bomb blast victim fights for life”.
  2. Celebrity tittle-tattle: “Princess Di is wearing a new dress”.

Now this would be NEWS ! Can’t this fashion victim just leave us alone.

   Gore’s point is that media focus on the latter “fact” means that nothing is done about the former. Therefore, changing the facts (the News Story) can change the world.

Next thing they will tell us, is that H.Paul is representing New Zealand in International Rugby League Test matches.