 Off-Topic / Debate / 24316
Re: The Real Waste (lyrics from Fashion News)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:19:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richard Parsons wrote:
   In a world of perceptions so carefully crafted by spin, challenging some of these ‘facts’ back seems almost like a duty.

Yes, but simply reprinting the counter-clockwise spin is a rather poor way of “challenging” things.

Goodness. There’s a lot more to it than that. I was surprised that you discount it so easily, but that’s my mistake. Obviously I should expect that there are avidly pro-establishment folks who treat naysayers with the same disdain I feel when I listen to much of the pro-establishment rhetoric. We come from different assumptions based on different experience. I remember having the same faith in the establishment, because of all the good things it has delivered me.

   And I really know next to nothing about Depeche Mode other than that the pop-ups on Don’s favourite Depeche Mode lyrics site give me the irrits, and the meaning of the name.

Sorry about that. Scott pointed out the site, not me, and I didn’t see the pop-ups because Mozilla filters them out. You should try it.

Mmmmm. I have used Mozilla and four other browsers before settling on IE for a range of reasons that need not concern us here. Before telling people what to do, you might find it more polite to assume that they have their reasons for what they do.

Pop ups are a bugger, but I have never yet met a site with pop-ups that I ever need to return to :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...