 Off-Topic / Debate / 24292
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:13:37 GMT

I see too many parents working very long hours (to the detriment
of their health, marriage & family) so that they may buy items
they don’t need as they fear not conforming. Twenty years ago a
“family day out” would be a walk in the countryside, now we go
shopping and engage in debt fed “conspicuous consumption”.

We work harder, longer and take less holidays... this is not progress!

Agreed.  It's one aspect of capitalism that needs work.  But I
thought the EU had it good.  I know my French co-workers are all
planning their extensive summer holidays right now.

I think France has the most hols in the EU(?). I only get 6 weeks + 10 days
public holiday. ;)

Scott A