 Off-Topic / Debate / 24290
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:07:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Arthur wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
I hope you don't truly believe that,

I was being cynical.

Oh, silly me.  Perhaps you could adopt one of these emoticons
for when you're in cynical mode.

  >:->        Cynical; Devil-like; Really devilish remark;
              Has a crew cut; Leering
  >;->        Cynical wink; Irony; Winky and devil combined
              (a very lewd remark was just made); Wicked grin

That way I won't get confused.

I see too many parents working very long hours (to the detriment
of their health, marriage & family) so that they may buy items
they don’t need as they fear not conforming. Twenty years ago a
“family day out” would be a walk in the countryside, now we go
shopping and engage in debt fed “conspicuous consumption”.

We work harder, longer and take less holidays... this is not progress!

Agreed.  It's one aspect of capitalism that needs work.  But I
thought the EU had it good.  I know my French co-workers are all
planning their extensive summer holidays right now.

Have you ever lived through a really bad storm that tears up an
entire neighborhood?

No. I would not live in such a place.

You should try it.  Seasonal weather changes might make you
appreciate the occasional walk in the countryside even more.

Anyhow, I thought you lived on a farm?

Sure, but I've been around.

Enjoy,

Don