 Off-Topic / Debate / 24270
Re: Question for the Conservatives out there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 00:37:06 GMT

   What does govern animal behavior then, Tom? Reason? Ethics? Religion?

   Even a lab rat can suppress instinct if given the right impetus.

A given impetus can stimulate a given instinct. There is no reasoning going on in the head of a rat.

That really depends on the animal - the smarter they are the more they can move away from “instinct”. My bird can put words, individuals, and activities together without me attempting to teach him in the slightest. The dog can do the same, if to a lesser degree and can’t say the words himself.

The cat? Well, you got me there! :-)

-->Bruce<--